Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quiet please!!

As I sit in my quiet living room to eat my breakfast... I smile. This is nice. It makes me appreciate the moments that I get like this when the babe is resting peacefully without a battle (yea!!) and I get a little bit of down time to relax and enjoy the peace of knowing that yes, I am capable of being a good mom and feeling confident in that. Even more... feeling confident in my womanhood. Does that sound weird? 'Womanhood'?  It shouldn't. We women do a lot in our daily lives. That's not to say, "I am woman, hear me roar!!". No, not at all. But what I am saying is, take pride and blessing in being a woman and possessing a feminine heart.
I used to think before I even became pregnant that I could possibly lose myself in motherhood and being a wife. That I would drown in the responsibilites of everything that suggested and forget what made me - ME.
The truth of the matter is that whether you are a mother or not, celebrate who you are as an individual, your character, personality, your talents and gifts, your nurturing heart, your passions, even your quirks. Yes, I know you have some of those, too, so don't kid yourself.  ;)

So, based on that, when I was pregnant with my son I made a purposeful effort to allow myself to enjoy who I was - even with prego brain! But now that I have these moments to reflect and relish my time like this, I appreciate those efforts even more. Yet, maybe you don't think you have any traits or gifts about yourself to enjoy... you sure do! You might just have to take a few moments to allow yourself to think about what your heart truly finds joy in. Maybe they are things that are a little more unorthodox or uncommon - which is completely wonderful, too. That's what makes you incredibly amazing! God did not make mistakes when he created you. Scripture states that you are fearfully and wonderfully made - really!!

Take a few moments and revel at YOU. Write a list if you need to and hang it on the refrigerator or on your mirror so that you see it and see it often. It will remind you daily of how fantastic and fabulous you are.

Much Love, mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??