Thursday, June 3, 2010

When I was in High School, I used to think 'I can't wait for the day that I am done with school!' It was a long awaited day - yet it was out of haste. I was thinking about that today as I was going about my day wondering if there was anything I would have done differently. Actually, it was my husband that triggered my thoughts towards that direction as he asked me the other day if there was anything from my high school years that I would go back and change if I had the chance. Somehow, I'd never really taken the time to consider such things. I just remember that I did not enjoy my time there, I was not exactly a popular kid and I really didn't care who I portrayed while I was there, either.
Yet, knowing that in the beginning of my junior year of High School my life had taken a dramatic change forever. I had made a life changing decision that would eternally affect my entire countenance. Considering that fact, my friends had not really changed too much. My social status did not change at all. I still didn't go to prom or have a boyfriend (sheesh... if I would have, that would have been pretty interesting to say the least!) And.... I still did not like school. Interestingly enough, I remember partly dreading school simply because I had to ride the bus to school. I never - no NEVER got to drive myself to school. I still look back on that and think it was pretty lame! Yea, I know, cry me a river.....

So, as I'm reflecting on my areas of change if I could go back.... based on how I changed on the inside, I wish I would have taken under consideration the legacy I could have left behind. Truly. I did not take seriously how much I could have made a positive impact on my school mates. I did not make it my mission to reach out to anyone. To be an encouragement, uplifter, or a positive reinforcer. I did not make myself known to people that I loved them or cared about them. I simply went about my day in the usual way without a care about anyone else's day or their story. There were so many people in my school that carried around broken hearts, bitterness, pain, anger, unforgiveness, etc etc. I did not take the initiative to be a vessel of love the way I could have.  If I could go back, I would have been the best possible vision of love and compassion to the people I saw everyday in my school. I would have left an unmistakeable legacy.


Maybe you're done with school for the year or you are graduating and moving on to college. What type of legacy did you leave with your classmates? What kind of example do you carry as you walk those halls? Is it a positive and impactful example? Even in your life with your friends and family.... strive to be the best version of you. Is there anything you would do differently to ensure it's a great one? You have the ability to be amazing and impactful on every person you know and cross paths with. It comes with your heart and what is deep within you. Discover that dazzling personality of yours and put it to good use to make someone else feel incredible. The more you bring out someone else's greatness, the more incredible you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??