Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I had an interesting weekend over the Memorial holiday.. lots of relaxing along with a lot of socializing. I am the type of person that enjoys peace as well as quiet, however, when you are married to an extrovert - too much peace and quiet is not a good thing. In fact, it'll drive them absolutely bonkers not to mention antsy. I realized this on Saturday afternoon as we really had planned to stay low and enjoy the weather and simply be a nice little family with our baby son. Yet, the slower our day got, the antsier my hubby got. I told him, 'honey, if you've got that much ants in your pants then go for a motorcycle ride or something... all your pacing is driving ME up the wall!'  So, on to the motorcyle he went. Much to my surprise, five minutes later he returned with a very disappointed look on his face. "It's going to RAIN." he muttered. Well, so much for that. Needless to say, the rest of our weekend just flew by only because we had a wedding, graduations and a family gathering all within the next day or two.
It had occured to me at the wedding we attended that was nearly three hours away (imagine that with an 11 month old... oiy!!), that I was going to enjoy this wedding because truthfully, I do enjoy weddings for the sake that the two people that are pledging their faithfulness and undying love for one another are going to begin a new journey as husband and wife and choose each other over the rest of the world's point of view. And honestly, I didn't get to see the ceremony (the baby thing, you know) but I did get to see how much fun the bride and groom have together and it made me smile to think that they could potentially open up a whole new world for their family someday-- to have their cake and eat it too!
Now, what my point is here today, is that in the midst of all of this mushy-gushy stuff is the  fact that my mind kinda trailed off for a time while at this beautiful wedding. At some point, I felt out of sorts due to the social aspect. I felt judged... as though people knew something that I didn't and they avoided me like the plague - some not all, though, I must say. But it occured to me the other day.... who cares? Really! Does it really matter what people think - of me??  No, it really doesn't. Why? Because I know who I am and I know that I am loved greatly by those that DO matter. My Jesus, first and foremost. Secondly, my hubby, my son, my family and in-laws, dear dear friends, etc.  Furthermore... I know exactly who I am because of Jesus Christ. He has made me beautiful, witty, bright, intelligent, gifted, and has blessed me tremendously.

SO, the next time you feel downsized by the world around you..... look around. Look at the people who love you and look at YOU. Remember what you are capable of and what you have been blessed with. And remember what a very significant person had said, 'No one can make you feel inferior without your concent.'  - Eleanor Roosevelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??