Friday, April 30, 2010

An Invitation

Ever remember the stories we read in the books and in the cute movies we watched as little girls? Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast...?? How she was tormented in the beginning or had to go through the hardest of times to get to her 'ever after'? After everything she had to go through, its a wonder they ever made it out alive so much as even with a smile on her face and a song on her tongue. I don't know about you, but when I was a little girl I certainly re-enacted most of those princesses in my playtime. I wanted to be the princess. Why? Every girls' young heart intuitively wants to know that they are lovely. Not only that, but I wanted to marry my hansome prince and live happily ever after! But as I got a bit older (and wiser) the storybook ending became much deeper than just what they tell you in the story itself. There's so much more to it than that...

It isn't just about makeup and dresses. It's about recognizing that a woman yearns to be seen and to be thought of as 'captivating'. We truly desire to possess a beauty that is worth pursuing, worth fighting for, and a beauty that is core to who we truly are. God gave us desires in our heart that are there for a reason. They are the key to revealing the secret of who we really are and the purpose in life that we were meant to live out - a purpose meant for you and you alone. He didn't place these desires in your heart to torment you - they were placed in your heart to guide and draw you into discovering the woman he made you to be, and the life he created you to live.

'Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart'
Psalm 37:4

I invite you to embrance the feminine heart inside you and ask God to reveal the beauty and purpose in you.

My love, mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??