Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars

Yesterday my son and I finally got out of the house for a little while after what seemed like WWIII for naptime. It's interesting, my husband and I live for naps and well... sleep. Our little angel, does not. How in the world did that ever happen I'll never know. It's  like pulling teeth to get him to fall asleep, stay asleep and then to actually lay him in his crib without him waking up two seconds later wailing to get out. Sometimes I wonder if he is behind all the little gray hairs popping out of my hair.
So, I decide to go to the store and buy our much needed lightbulbs(so that we finally have some light when we eat dinner as a family) and then to Mc D's for my much deserved Frappe' that I had a free coupon for (even more of a treat when you don't have to pay for it, I might add)... I decided to take a joy ride in the beautiful sunny and WARM weather we were having. I hit the 'seek' button on the radio and what do you think comes up first on the radio dial..... yep, you guessed it. 'If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a house...'. I had my little moment of going down memory lane listening to it and even singing along for a little bit. Gosh, I remember hearing that on the radio as a kid and belting out all the 'wishes and dreams' in that song. It was fun. My husband even says once in a while, 'if only we'd win the lottery...'. Doesn't everyone think that? I don't know, maybe we're just weird.

Truthfully, though, would a million dollars really get you anywhere? Sure you'd pay off a lot of debt, maybe buy a house or pay off your house. Maybe buy a new car, or buy your mom a car I don't know. I think you'd really find out who your real friends are! lol...  it got me to thinking, what happened to contentment? Thankfulness? Appreciating that you are probably very rich already. In the sense that if you have a home, you have a roof over your head. If you have a vehicle, you have something that gets you from point A to point B. If you have a bank account, you have money to buy you some groceries and maybe visit a nice restaurant once in a while. You see, God loves a thankful heart. Not a discontented heart. It doesn't mean that we can't dream, though! Oh no... that's the beauty of it. Our dreaming should be for the things that we are passionate about in our  hearts. The things that draw our hearts and our souls. What have you always wanted to do? I'm guessing that there's something kinda big that has always intrigued you... thinking, 'wow, that would be really incredible to do someday or accomplish someday. Ever seen the movie Patch Adams?? Remember the little old lady that Patch asked, "what have you always wanted to do?" and suddenly, her eyes just sparkled as she replied, "I always wanted to swim in a POOL of NOODLES!"  And do you remember what happened? I get choked up when I think about this........... she got to swim in a pool of noodles!! And the look on her face as she was swimming was pure bliss!  I love it!

Do YOU have a pure bliss dream? I bet you do. That's what it's all about ladies... keep dreaming. And dream BIG. Big dreams partnered with faith are priceless. They are treasures, just like you. It's what makes you unique and valuable. The scripture says, 'Whatsoever you shall ask in my name shall be yours.'  Do you believe that? I do with all my heart. I wouldn't be where I am today in my life if I didn't. It's time to believe.

With Love, mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??