Thursday, July 8, 2010

These past couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of reflection. Reflection on the past, the present and the future. There are a lot of things about my past that are very sour memories for me - a  lot of people say that there isn't a thing they wouldn't take back or do over because it's made them who they are today. There is a lot of truth to that statement, however, if I were to say that to the fullest I would be saying that it doesn't matter that I've hurt people in those moments. People that I love and really do care for.... they are people that were innocent in the midst of my carelessness.
Now, I'm going to be brutally honest in stating that I can't say that I am 100% better than I was 10 years ago, because I know that would be a far cry from the truth. I am more aware of tactfulness now as an adult but yet, I sometimes lack in 'thinking before I speak' or even thinking about the tone of which I say something - OR even worse, the WORDING of how I say something - even if it is said out of complete kindness and very genuine. I am terrible, I know. I'll admit it now. I firmly believe that the majority of what comes out of my words and actions are pleasing to my Savior, but I cannot say that everything that comes out of my big mouth is always tactful. (So, I'm sorry if you were ever the recipient to my miscomings...) I didn't mean it - honest!

With that said, I remember what our pastor preached about in his message this past Sunday.... 'THINK before you speak.'  Oh that was such a 'Mel' message. Uggghhh. Guilty as charged. Did you know that Jesus works out of the words and actions of our mouths. He uses our encouraging and uplifting words to those we know and cross paths with? He uses that card that we sent in the mail to that frustrated or lowly friend of ours. He uses that little bouquet of flowers that we had sent to your beloved mother, sister or gal pal just to cheer her up or brighten her day. Or that 5 minute conversation you  had with a long time friend of many years...... something you said just made her long hard day a hundred times brighter.  See.... we have to ask God to help us be that shining star that he created and desperately wants us to be - even when we DON'T feel like it. We are called to be selfless beings to reach a dying world. He loves us soo SO much, how can we not be love in return?

I don't know every female who reads these messages I write.... or what her situation is at the moment. But I can say that I deeply love each and every one of you that reads them - because they are ALL for you. I love your heart, your deeply captivating heart. You were created for such a time as this and it is meant to be celebrated and loved. So, YAY you! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??