Monday, September 13, 2010

All those Hats.... so little sanity

Wake up in the morning. Check. Feed the baby breakfast. Check. Begin the day. Check. Half way through the day, check vital signs..... uh, check, I think. Yeah, it gets that way sometimes. How about you?? I know I don't have a 9 to 5 job per say, but I do have a job that keeps me on call 24-7, does that count? Most of us women now days do a serious juggling act - and I don't care how old or young you are - it is the description of being a woman. Doesn't matter if you're a senior in high school, a busy college student, a young mom or whatever your story is..... fact is we wear many different hats in our daily lives as the female gender and we wear them well or as best as we can.

These days I am a full time wife, mother, full time student, housekeeper, book keeper, bill payer, grocery shopper, and everything else one can possibly find in the middle of their regular description. I recently figured out that there isn't a salary out there to compete with everything we do. We could be millionaires and it still wouldn't come close. Sure, we're not working on Wall Street, but hey close enough I say! But I'm just thinking out loud right now...... my son's napping, I have homework to do but I'm not doing it right now because the school's system seems to be waaaaay slow today and I simply don't have the patience to deal with it because I'm super tired and want to take a nap, myself!  Anybody with me? I thought so. But do I take one............ probably not. Too many other things are calling my name. Blast.

I'm here to tell you ladies that we are human. God made us human. No, we are not perfect, nor will we ever be. But we are precious beings and created to give the world a glimpse of what beauty and grace is just by being us. God made us precious in his sight, we are fearfully and wonderfully made - by design! Yes that's right, he made us with a plan and purpose in mind. So no matter how many hats you wear and however 'pooped out' we are there is still a marked and designed purpose for you walking and breathing the life you live by yours truly. To that I say, Yea God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??