Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's a Journey but the Destination is worth the Journey

Ohhhh..... if I must! This is what has been going through my mind lately as various things come up. School is a very large and daunting topic on my plate at this point in time. I possibly bit off more than I could chew - but it was necessary to graduate at the end of the year. Yikes! But I look at it this way, it will have all been worth it to walk down that aisle with a degree in my  hand and maybe even with honors.  It means I have accomplished something rather large in my life that for a short period I wasn't sure I could do. My husband (my boyfriend at the time) convinced me that if I wasn't happy in my job... life is too short to go through your life in a job you don't enjoy. 'Wouldn't you rather go to work everyday never actually working a day in your life?' was what he asked. He was right. He hit the nail right on the head. I was wasting my time at a job that may make good money, but I was tired, worn out, and so not happy with what I was doing.

I made a switch. In my life and with my attitude. And soon, I'm going to be reaping the reward of that decision. At one point, I questioned God if it was the right thing to do. But I simply felt God was saying - "It's now or never, dear!" So.... I made the leap. I was 27 years old and I went back to school. Left the job I hated and went in search of a job in an entirely different location. I was happy. I was excited. I was exhilerated. But I also had a tad bit of fear, too. What if things didn't work out? What if things all came undone and I was left sitting in a puddle of failure?  You know what?  I had to take that risk. I had to trust God and know that He had me in the palm of his hand - which he did - and go out and change my path for the better and for my future.

Since that day....... it's been rocky at times, but it's grand.  Think about your life and the way you live it. Are you happy? Do you feel you're meeting your fullest potential? Or are you still sitting in a puddle of 'whatever' and just feel like this is probably the best you can do? I have news for you..... you can do better. There is better, God has better and you can be better. Just dust yourself off and ask God to show you which direction to go and .....  GO. Don't look back, either! And when you're in the journey, even when you get to your destination - - smile and remember where you came from, then know your life is worth the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??