Monday, October 25, 2010

Stand firm.... not in fear

Life is full of twists and turns. Just when you think that your world is perfect and normal.. it seems something wild is thrown into the mix and you think, 'Now where did that come from', only there are no real concrete answers or solutions to the matter. So what do you do with something like that? I've been asking myself the same exact question.
My family and I landed ourselves in a very unique and rare situation of which has no concrete answers of any kind - just a lot of speculation. There are no absolute solutions to accompany the situation at hand, either. So, I found myself writing in my prayer journal, simply voicing my thoughts and my heart about what we're going through. It was shortly after that, that I heard that still small voice speaking to me saying, 'Rest assured.' The Lord was reassuring me that if we simply continue to TRUST in him and not rely on our fear or our anxiety, we are in good hands.
You see, I know this. And I knew this. But how easy it can be to waver from what you know to be true when you're faced with life's twists and turns. We went through a whirlwind of mixed emotions, fears, doubts trying to do as much research and learn as much as we could about our circumstances.... and the more we dug, the more fearful and anxious we became. A cousin of mine reminded me of a necessary message, she said, 'You speak to that situation and tell it who your God is and that we are created perfect in his image. Do not let FEAR enter your mind - it is Satan's playground. Stand firm in your faith and in the truth, rest in his peace knowing that He is good all of the time.'  Such vital and important words...... I needed to hear them, desperately at that very moment.

Stand firm. Know who you serve. The Lord is your resting place and your comfort. Allow him to convey to you about your situation - not your fear or your worry. And most importantly, he is good and he only desires good things for his children who acknowledge him by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??